Re: unable to register product - already registered NightHawk R9000

fpm2007
Follower

unable to register product - already registered NightHawk R9000

After a few attends to register my Router, I gave up and decided to ask for support in this forum. I purchased this Router (Nighthawk R9000) thru Newegg and since day one I'd been trying to register it, but I keep getting the message "This device is already registered" or something similar. I got proof of purchase. Please, understand that this product was supposed to be new when I bought it, so I do not know who own it before.

Thanks...

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: unable to register product - already registered NightHawk R9000

You are the latest in a long line of people to have hit this brick wall.This is almost a daily complaint.

For some reason, lorry loads of Netgear devices reach buyers as "already registered". No one has ever got to the bottom of this – Netgear carefully avoids answering questions.

You have a couple of options, try to find a local contact number (it may be well hidden) or send a private message to one of the Netgear moderators here.

If you are really lucky, someone like @DarrenM or @ChristineT will take pity on you and step in.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements