Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to register product - already registered

Bullet13
Follower

unable to register product - already registered

I have tried to register my router with Netgear but the website gives an error and says to contact support. When I follow the link and click on the "Contact Support" button my page goes blank. I'm stuck in a loop and want to register the router so I can access it's settings - it says it's already registered but it's a brand new product.

Anyone from support viewing this? I could really do with your help!

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: unable to register product - already registered

Hi Bullet13, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You can also register your device on MyNETGEAR page (my.netgear.com). Please click this link as your reference. If it still says "Device is registered", please message me the serial number of the device. 

You mentioned "want to register the router so I can access it's settings", do you mean the router settings?  To view the settings of the router, please access routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Bullet13, 

You can also register your device on MyNETGEAR page (my.netgear.com). Please click this link as your reference. If it still says "Device is registered", please message me the serial number of the device. 

You mentioned "want to register the router so I can access it's settings", do you mean the router settings?  To view the settings of the router, please access routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Bullet13, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 14
TheTrawlerman
Aspirant

I have reviewed other resposne but like others I am unable to Register my Product it keeps stsaing Serial Number already Registered

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TheTrawlerman, 

Please message me the device serial number together with your name and email address. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 14
TheTrawlerman
Aspirant

Blanka

The Serial Number is 4MK77C78A04D6 Greg 

Regards

Greg 

Message 6 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TheTrawlerman, 

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 14
Stena
Aspirant

My dad passed away & I'm setting up his router on my network. I would like to add it to my account but he already registered. Do I need to add it so I can additionally control with my mobile? I will be using my existing x4s (2600) as a repeater. 

Thx,

Stena

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 8 of 14
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Stena, 

We are sorry to hear about your loss. I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 9 of 14
Stena
Aspirant

Thank you. I sent a PM with the info requested. ~Stena
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 10 of 14
TheTrawlerman
Aspirant

Hi Blanca

I am sorted Thank You 

Regards

Greg Stratford

Message 11 of 14
RBGRBG
Aspirant

Hi Blanca. 

I just read this post; Is this still an active post? I am experiencing similar issues to that of Bullet. I can access my actual router via routerlogin.net but when I attempt to register for an account with NETGEAR I receive the response "serial number already exists." I read and followed your instructions to Bullet but same results. Do I need to provide you with my serial number? Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

RBGRBG

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi Bullet13, 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 12 of 14
RBGRBG
Aspirant

Hi Blanca. 

I was able to rectify my registration issues. It would appear by creating a profile here within the NETGEAR COMMUNITY has granted me access to NETGEAR's site via the "MYNETGEAR" address you provided to another user experiencing a similar problem. So my situation has been resolved and I merely wanted to notify you of this change. But maybe this post will help out some users down the road.

Have a great weekend.

Message 13 of 14
BFT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Would you be able to add my new product to my account? I can only see my last router that stopped working a few weeks ago for no reason. I bought a new one and tried to register my New Router but it says 'unable to register product - already registered.' 

Thank you for any help.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7