Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: unable to set ipv6 DNS after latest firmware upgrade

cybot
Luminary

unable to set ipv6 DNS after latest firmware upgrade

current Firmware: V1.4.1.68_1.3.28

previous firmware: V1.41.1..66

I just upgraded to the latest firmware for my R8000P router, and now, after a factory reset, I am unable to set my IPv6 DNS settings for my 6to4 tunnel. My ISP stubbornly refuses to let residential customers have access to native IPv6, so the 6to4 tunnel is the only way I can get access to IPv6 content. My ISP does have IPv6, but only for their business customers. anyways.... back to the issue at hand. When I type in the IPv6 DNS for my IPv6 tunnel, and click save it gets changed to gibberish. I have re-entered the info a dozen times and clicked the save button, but it doesn't stick. Do I have to go back to the previous version of firmare inorder to get it working again? the new verssion of the firmware says it has security fixes, so I am not all that thrilled about having to go back to the previous version. I have attached a screenshot of what the IPv6 DNS changes too after i click the ssave button

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
cybot
Luminary

ok, went back to previous version of the firmware, and surprise, surprise, same issue. BUT, when I loaded in a previously save configuration file for the router, since the settings for the IPv6 DNS were pre-entered, the setting stuck, until you tried to change it. simply going to the IPv6 page and hitting the save button without actually making any changes was enough to cause the gibberish setting to appear (see previously attached image from first post). So, it looks like the issue has been present for while, but has gone undetected by me, because I have been using a saved configuration file. Iam not interested in regressing my firmware to see at which point the issue appears. I will leave that for someone else with more time on their hands. For Netgear to leave such a blatant bug in their firmware is astonishing.

Message 2 of 5
cybot
Luminary

BUMP  1-19-21

Message 3 of 5
bugReport
Initiate

Just registered an account in order to report this issue and found this thread. 

I have run into exactly the same issue like the screenshot shows. My devices can get IPv6 address. But, they don't work at all. I thought it could be the ISP DNS issue and want to try a different DNS. When I manually configure DNS and applied the setting, it shows undef and non-readable characters like the screen shot shows. Did 2 factory reset and follow exactly the same procedure. It is still like that. It feels like the data was not stored properly or the read function didn't parse the setting correctly. 

It seems the whole IPv6 feature broken on my device. Please fix it. 

Message 4 of 5
cybot
Luminary

going to try making a new thread since this one is old. but will link to this one

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7