Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unknown network

cvanzante
Tutor

unknown network

Hello.  After a failed firmware update, I successfully reset my R7000 and it now shows my firmware using V1.0.11.126 but it said no need for update at setup.  Using the Nighthawk app on my iPhone, I have accounted for every device on the network except for one item which is listed as "Network".  Using online searches, the Mac address shows 'private company'.  I have disabled this network and I am not seeing any change in existing devices.  Is there a means to isolate what this Network might be?  FYI: I did read through some of the threads but I didn't find an issue identical to mine.  Thanks in advance. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
cvanzante
Tutor

Re: unknown network

I am responding to my own earlier post.  After doing some additional online research, I came across an individual who mentioned a 'sleeping' Kindle.  I put mine on a different network and the phantom unknown device on my network disappeared. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a reset on the router again by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. Connect 1 wired PC to the router and use a web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1 to setup the router from scratch. 

Message 2 of 5
cvanzante
Tutor

Thanks for the reply Furry.  My PCs lack ethernet ports and I wonder if the HDMI port would work.  If I am unable to accomplish this task, am I OK with just leaving that network disabled? I am more interested in security than resolving the mystery.  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 5
cvanzante
Tutor

I am responding to my own earlier post.  After doing some additional online research, I came across an individual who mentioned a 'sleeping' Kindle.  I put mine on a different network and the phantom unknown device on my network disappeared. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like you found the cause. 

For PCs with no ethernet abilities, you can install a USB to ethernet adapter on theses PCs.

Please mark your thread as solved so other will know.

Enjoy. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7