Re: using Nighthhawk R8000 with AT&T U-verse modem

VicUp2NG
Follower

using Nighthhawk R8000 with AT&T U-verse modem

Trying to run my from AT&T U-verse internest & phone modem/wi-fi through the Nighthawk R8000.  My computer sees the R8000 but shows it as limited access and will not connect tot he internet. Can you use the R8000 with AT&T U-verse

Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Yes, the R8000 should work fine.  I use a R7000 with U-verse.  There are two ways to set it up:

1. Configure the R8000 as an AP.  Connect the R8000 LAN port to U-verse gateway LAN port.  Your U-verse gateway functions as the router.
  2. Enable "bridge mode" (it's not a true bridge mode but it's close enough) on the U-verse box.  Connect the R8000 WAN port to U-verse gateway LAN port.  Your R8000 functions as the router.  Follow these instructions if you have a NVG589 or NVG599, or these instructions if you have a 3600HGV, 3800HGV or 3801HGV.

Whichever method you use, it's recommended that you keep any DVRs plugged directly into the U-verse gateway.  Netgear doesn't handle IPTV very well without advanced setup or 3rd party firmware.

Message 2 of 3
myersw
Master

I am sure you can. I have a r7000 connected to a 3600 Residential Gateway (RG). In my case I am able to put the r7000 in the DMZ of the 3600. I get hte Internet address of the RG and things work as though the RG was in bridge mode. I would suggest you google your router model and the model of your RG. Bet you will find how to. 

--bill

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E