Drob12
Follower

using two routers.....using nighthawk for wifi

My primary router in my basement, and we have a weak wifi signals some places in our house.

I have Verizon FIOS, so I connected my nighthawk to the verizon router. I used the second line out of the verizon router,

and connected that to the internet port of the back of the nighthawk.

I still get internet, and wifi, no problems at all.  However, when I go to my verzion email, I can't get my emails.  I ways get an error message.  The verzion.net sending will complete, however, the verzion.net receiving does not complete. 

"Task @verizon.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'"

Please help

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: using two routers.....using nighthawk for wifi

If your Verizon box has router features, then you will need to turn them off so that it doesn't fight with the R7800 to manage your network. You'll have to work out how to do that by checking the manual for the FIOS box.

An alternative is to run the R7800 as a wireless access point and to leave the FIOS in charge of routing.

There is a manual for the R7800 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

See page 73.

This may or may not fix your email woes, but at least it will remove one possible cause.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements