Re: when will it be possible to register each and every netgear product i own in one location?

utribe01
Follower

when will it be possible to register each and every netgear product i own in one location?

this whole my.netgear.com site has been a great idea. however, i can't realize the reason for the sites creation nor utilize any of its purported integrated features.

let me be the first to profess myself a fool for having used different e-mail addresses over the years to register netgear products i have purchased. in most cases, i've retained the proper passwords and am, more often than not, able to view my expired installation support and warranty related to the product in question. alongside this information, is the generous offer to extend my warranty or pay a one time encounter fee, far in excess of what i could only wish i had to spend on groceries each week. and finally, in varying sizes of print, there is the offer to ask the community for help with an issue.

(social media is not my thing, at least until members of the same (human) species can evolve beyond hate, fear and prejudice. i tried to figure out how to address this message to (the) netgear corporation, but there seem to be few ears interested in an owner's opinion.)

with the evolution of the my.netgear.com site, what i have not been able to accomplish in any obvious, straightforward manner has been the ability to register any, let alone all my different netgear components in one place (my.netgear.com). i'm guessing that some netgear bureaucrat realized the growing problem of multiple netgear products registered to the same owners in multiple locations of their data network and that somethinng like a my.netgear.com site could serve as part of the potential solution. more than likely, the creation of my.netgear.com was hailed as the solution to the problem, rather than a mere part of the solution to the problem.

since it is clear that netgear has not yet taken the initiative to even attempt a consolidation of registered products under a single or potential limited number of identical names, i thought i might make the effort to do so - that is registering all my products under a single my.netgear.com account. i am certain i am not the only person whom has encountered the major issue netgear has with reregistering already registered products. not only is this a problem with products that have already been registered in your own name, but the respoonse could not be less impersonal or unhelpful when you try to register an previously owned product - it's almost as if one has comitted an original sin or felony criminal act. as far as i can ascertain, i'm screwed at best and appear to be the worst kind of customer netgear is looking to court.

at this point, i've decided to opt out of netgear products altogether - products ranging from modem, routers, switches, NASs and just about every gadget inbetween. i'm not interested in dealing with a company not interrested in dealing with me. and whether they realize the havoc their self-serving and decentralized servcies are having upon a decreasingly loyal public, i, for one, lack that ghoulish human need to glance at a car wreck or crime scene on my way to where i know i am going.  

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: when will it be possible to register each and every netgear product i own in one location?

Great manifesto by the way, reminiscent of the uni-bomber. 

Did you ever try logging in under each account and updating E-mail address?  

Message 2 of 5

Can anyone explain to me the value of registering a product?

The law does not allow Netgear to discriminate against people for warranty purposes. A warranty is a warranty.

I should add that I have Netgear products going back over many years. They are all registered in the same place. But I have yet to see any for registering anything. The main benefit seems to be to Netgear, which can use my details to send me marketing stuff.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'll give you one,

I replaced a 5 year old switch that failed, it took 5 mins to process it WHY? because it was lifetime warranty and I registered it.  Several days later my R8500 was also replaced.

If one doesn't want to play the game then by all means shop elsewhere but don't show up here whining about a problem because one cannot follow directions.

How's that for value?

Message 4 of 5

@searay wrote:

I replaced a 5 year old switch that failed, it took 5 mins to process it WHY? because it was lifetime warranty and I registered it.  Several days later my R8500 was also replaced.

You should get the same treatment even if it wasn't registered.

It is against the law in the UK and the EU, while we are still a member, to put restrictions on someone's legal rights.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements