Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi extender setup

artazakhan
Aspirant

wifi extender setup

I am trying to setup a wifi extender (actiontec wcb6200q) with my nighthawk c7100v modem. However, the coax light is not lighting up on my extender nor is it able to sync with my modem using the WPS buttons as the instructions state for the extender. 

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: wifi extender setup

The C7100v doesn't have MoCa. 

Not sure if the actiontec wcb6200q supports just wireless extension. You'd have to contact the manufacturer to find that out and how to set that aspect of it up. 

Message 2 of 6
artazakhan
Aspirant

I used these instructions: 

https://www.actiontec.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/WCB6200Q_QSG.pdf

I already contacted the actiontec and they stated the device is working properly since I connected it to the modem and to my laptop and there was internet. The coax light is not working and they said to contact netgear about that. Is this because my modem is using the coax line and I cannot use multiple coax lines in the same house? If so, would a coax splitter work?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Its because the C7100V doesn't have MoCa. The instructions specifically state it should support MoCa. 

I screen snipped that part. 

Message 4 of 6
artazakhan
Aspirant

RIght thank you, so should I buy a moca adapter and that would work? 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Check with actiontec to see if simply connecting a moca adapter to the C7100v will work. They'll be the experts on what needs to happen for their extender to connect. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7