Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi not working r6700

sls575
Aspirant

wifi not working r6700

I unplug my router and modem each night. When I plugged them in this morning, the wifi wasn't working. At first my devices were showing the wifi symbol with the !. When I tried to troubleshoot--unplugging, rebooting, checking cables, I lost the wifi symbol completely. My network isn't showing up on any of my devices.

I called my cable company to troubleshoot and they couldn't find a problem on their end. The Nighthawk app shows "Internet: Online" but I can't connect to perform any troubleshooting or updates.

The router is r6700 AC1750. On the face of the router only the first 2 lights are lit. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: wifi not working r6700

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed on the router? 

Normally modems and routers are designed to be ON and online 24/7. There would be no need to turn them off each night. Doing this maybe causing hardware stress and faults. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed on the router? 

Normally modems and routers are designed to be ON and online 24/7. There would be no need to turn them off each night. Doing this maybe causing hardware stress and faults. 

Message 2 of 4
sls575
Aspirant

Thank you! I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I was able to get it back up. Whew!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7