wifi speed fast at 180mbps but loading playing videos are slow, lag and pause

onlinesummie
Follower

wifi speed fast at 180mbps but loading playing videos are slow, lag and pause

So I got a new Netgear router...hard wire to modem and router I get between 150-220mbps, same with wifi speed test(wifi test next to router, 10ping, full signal).  But when I try to play some video on my phone, its slow loading, take 10-15 second to load, it will play after that but will pause let it load and play again and then pause again...

I am already using 5G, same case with 2.4G

When I use my phone 4G and my work wifi, play the same videos I have no loading or playing issue...

I have unplugged/plugged both the router and modem.  Have switched to different channels, updated firmware...Is there anyting I should try?  Thank you!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: wifi speed fast at 180mbps but loading playing videos are slow, lag and pause

What's the modem? Did you reset and reboot that before introducing it to the new router?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3
duckware
Prodigy

Re: wifi speed fast at 180mbps but loading playing videos are slow, lag and pause

When you have video problems on the phone, what happens when you visit http://speedtest.comcast.net and run a speed test?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E