wifi turned off

wd513
Aspirant

wifi turned off

i noticed a while ago that i have lost all wifi. I have the ethernet on.
Everything is connected. I have powered off the router and modem both a couple of times. I have hit both buttons on the right side a couple of times. The wifi won't come back.

I went into the log in page and i see both channels are checked, but greyedout and there is a message saying i can't change until i push the wifi radio button. As I said I pushed everything i could find on the top right hand side of the router.

Now what do I do re-enable the wifi?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: wifi turned off

Maybe you should do a hard reset on the router which will put it back to default settings. You'll have to do your setup again like when you got it brand new. Use a paper clip and hold the reset pinhole for 30 seconds while your router is powered on to do a hard reset. Let us know if that fixes it.

Message 2 of 8
microchip8
Master

which firmware are you on? the latest few versions have been problematic

Routing: NETGEAR RAX43 - Firmware: v1.0.11.112 (1 Gbps down, 50 Mbps up)
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400, 20 TB
Message 3 of 8

What do the lights on the top look like when this happens?

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 8
wd513
Aspirant

I will keep that in mind.

Message 5 of 8
wd513
Aspirant

The latest. Maybe the next update will fix it. Yes, I have had problems with Windows updates that "fixed" problems that didn't exist. 

When i went to check my papers to get warranty support, I first noticed there was only a 90 day warranty, instead of the customary one year. It would have cost me another almost $90 for 6 mos. At that price, I might as well buy a new router from a different company. 

Message 6 of 8
wd513
Aspirant

off

Message 7 of 8

@wd513 wrote:

When i went to check my papers to get warranty support, I first noticed there was only a 90 day warranty, instead of the customary one year.

Warranty is a year or more, depending on where you are.

Free support, nothing to do with the warranty is 90 days, but this place is free.

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E