will not accept connection keeps rebooting

cjustin2
Aspirant

will not accept connection keeps rebooting

R8500 tried to upgrade firmware and appeared to work , rebooted, and now is stuck with steady amber light then reboot then amber light.  tried 30/30/30 reset. tried tftp2 and tftp both failed.  ping gives 4 to 5  100 then destination unreachable /timed out for 25 to 30 sec then repeat.   ping ran for 20000 attempts.  tftp ran for 255 atttempts.  telnet enable connection  failed.  don't know how to jtag or would have tried that

Message 1 of 4
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: will not accept connection keeps rebooting

How did you do the firmware upgrade? Wired, wireless or Internet?

Is it still under warranty?

Message 2 of 4
cjustin2
Aspirant

Downloaded upgrade then used wired connection to apply.   As for warranty I have no idea.  was given to me by a friend going overseas in pristine condition.  I have box, instructions , and even the registration card.  Just trying to find out if I have abrick or can be sent in for repair.  Thanks for speedy reply!!

Message 3 of 4
William10a
Master

Even a brick router can be saved if you can access the serial data pins even the r8000 has serial data pins on it's circuit board. If you would like to look up the information look under unbricking a netgear r8000 an open source web source web will be listed click on it. It has instructions just the netgear firmware downloaded from netgear in place of their's.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements