Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wireless speeds

UNAWFU
Follower

wireless speeds

This may have answered elsewhere, but I was hoping for some advice on my internet speeds and how I might improve them.  

I have a Nighthawk CM1200 cable modem and a Nighthawk AX4300 router with two Nighthawk EX7700 extenders

Spectrum measured 1.2 GBPS at my modem. I clocked 476 MBPS from my modem and only 180 MBPS from my router on the 5G network. The extenders are maybe 100 at best.  All of my equipment should be more than capable of giving me much faster speeds.

Can this community give me some advice about what I can try or change in my settings? First, I'd love to be able to be able to get close to the Gig service that is coming to my home.  But, at least I'd like to be able to get faster speeds from my router.  

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: wireless speeds

How did spectrum measure 1.2gig at the incoming? 

The cm1200 only has gigabit ports so unless they setup wan port aggregation for testing, they wouldn't have maxed it out.

they might have setup a signal checker. 

I'd start from the basics. 

Start at the modem. Get your speeds correct or at least up to gigabit at the modem before trying to troubleshoot the reset. 

I'd start off with disabling wan port aggregation on the cm1200. I haven't seen much positives with the cm1200 and spectrum especially when using wan port aggregation. 

What computer do you have connected to the modem? 

What website are you testing on?

Do you have a screen snip of your cable connections page and event logs from the cm1200?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7