indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague descriptions or
interpretations.

Define "died".  Is the AC power adapter ok?  This detail-free report
isn't even a good rant.

Message 2 of 3
RobWeiss
Aspirant

Re: x8 died

My R8500 Nighthawk X8 router also suddenly died, however before its total failure my page load speeds over wifi were slowing down.

At this point all that happens with the router is the power light comes on (amber) without any of the other lights activating.  I am unable to connect to the router via wifi or wired connection although if I continuously ping the router I get the occasional batch of replies leading me to believe that the router is in a boot loop of some type.

To the best of my knowledge, I had the most up to date firmware on the router and most of my problems started after the last software / firmware update.

I contacted Netgear technical support and spoke with three or four separate "support" agents who asked me questions that were irrelevant or that I had already answered, such as me telling them that only the power light is on followed by their reply of "What lights are lit on your router."

The first agent even had me e-mail a copy of my receipt to them, simply to be told a week later that my router was out of warranty - a fact I and Netgear were already aware of.

At this point my X8 is an expensive paperweight and I need to seriously question purchasing another Netgear product for its replacement.

Overall - 0 stars for support and 0 stars for quality. . . . 

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E