Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: zte droid cell phone not connecting to router

firestorm31
Aspirant

zte droid cell phone not connecting to router

firmware 1.3.1.64 (just recently updated)

I have been trying to connect the zte n861 warp sequent phone to the nighthawk router.

i've tried 2 methods. both will not work. 

method 1. loging to router with password.  I entered it, it appears to accept it with "connected" then seconds later says "disabled".

method 2.  WPS exchange.  this phone gives me a pin #.  but the router has its own pin #.  the exchange failed.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
firestorm31
Aspirant

@TranquilRain wrote:

Not sure if you figured it out yet, but its the security type the phone is looking for by default...  Or atleast thats what it was for mine.  Either change what the router is broadcasting or change what your phone is looking for (assuming part 2 works, so far I have done part 1).

To: WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

well, I don't know what system the phone uses, all it says is WPA2-PSK.  it doesn't tell me what its using.

its not the security protocol.  its a hardware issue with the cell phone. it had a bad attenae  I sent it in for repair.

it now connects to wi-fi using the password part.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
firestorm31
Aspirant

update on method 2.  got it to work, but it exhibited similar behavior as the first method;  a little bit different.

it shows connected; two seconds later; says saved; two seconds later; disabled.

subsequent attempts went from connected to disabled.

frustrating.

Message 2 of 5

If other wifi clients happily connect, then the issue is more likely to be with the cell phone than the router.

Message 3 of 5
TranquilRain
Initiate

Not sure if you figured it out yet, but its the security type the phone is looking for by default...  Or atleast thats what it was for mine.  Either change what the router is broadcasting or change what your phone is looking for (assuming part 2 works, so far I have done part 1).

Message 4 of 5
firestorm31
Aspirant

@TranquilRain wrote:

well, I don't know what system the phone uses, all it says is WPA2-PSK.  it doesn't tell me what its using.

its not the security protocol.  its a hardware issue with the cell phone. it had a bad attenae  I sent it in for repair.

it now connects to wi-fi using the password part.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7