× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5G radio SSID name changed.....I didn't change it

NancyML
Aspirant

5G radio SSID name changed.....I didn't change it

So, about a week ago, our 5g-connected wireless devices began losing their wireless connections intermittently, usually momentarily but a few times it was for more than a couple of minutes.  This means no streaming and an unhappy husband.  Today I spent some time trying to troubleshoot and began seeing a network named "BROADCOM" on the same MAC address as the 5G radio on my RAX28 router.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?  How do I disable the 5G radio until I can sort things out?

Thanks for any help.

[EDIT]:  The default SSID was NETGEAR47-5G.  I never changed it from that default name.

Message 1 of 7
NancyML
Aspirant

Re: 5G radio SSID name changed.....I didn't change it

[EDIT_2]: I've since discovered that 5G radio's password has not changed. Only the SSID name has changed...from the default to "BROADCOM." I was able to log into it using the new name and the old password. Go figure.
Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

You should be able to log into it then and change it back. 

Maybe the firmware updated and caused the change

Message 3 of 7
NancyML
Aspirant

That's what I'm leaning towards, but....the original SSID name is still present in the router admin area. How would I change it back? Yet, it's broadcasting the changed name.
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Log into the routers web page and change it back there using a PC or laptop and web browser. 

Message 5 of 7
NancyML
Aspirant

Okay. I didn't make myself clear. It's broadcasting "Broadcom" as the SSID, but when I log into the router admin page, the SSID shows up as "NETGEAR47-5G." How could I change it back to the default name when it's still showing up as the default name?
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Log into the routers web page and change it back there using a wired PC or laptop and web browser. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7