× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX12 RAX120 Stability

mystik
Tutor

AX12 RAX120 Stability

I can only assume my hardware has gone bad.  Because I used to have rock solid performance in the same place...everything in the same location and I am using the same devices, but now...  I get disconnected, and then it won't work for a while.  It has a hard time connecting back up, and sometimes it will connect back up, but not actually function. I am not having any trouble wired.  The trouble is only with wireless.  I do have a large backup running on the wired connection, but it seems unlikely related since the problem connections are primarily download, and the upload speed is slow comparatively anyway.  Any thoughts?  I really hate the idea of having to abandon my hardware and buy something else.  But, I need to get something working fast.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
mystik
Tutor

Re: AX12 RAX120 Stability

Looking at the logs, I see a lot of entries like these.  Not sure if these are blocked, or if it would even be related since wired seems fine, but just thought I would mention in case.

[DoS Attack: TCP/UDP Chargen] from source: 75.75.75.75, port 53, Thursday, May 05, 2022 17:50:03
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 185.151.107.101, port 443, Thursday, May 05, 2022 17:49:28
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 162.241.216.182, port 443, Thursday, May 05, 2022 17:23:39

The option to disable the protection in WAN setup is NOT checked.

EDIT:  After looking a bit more closely, I doubt the number I am seeing are enough to cause this sort of behavior.  BUT, I went ahead and disabled logging of attacks just in case.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AX12 RAX120 Stability

What firmware version are you on? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Have you tried a simple factory reset/reinstall? 

If you stop the backup, does it function normally? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7