× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX120 total freeze up

r_christison
Initiate

AX120 total freeze up

Hi Folks

hope someone has some guidance as sick of Netgear the way things are going!!

updated to firmware V1.0.2.136 by direct link.

system still keeps freezing up everyday around the same timeframe 7-9 pm!##

I have a EAX80 wifi6 extender which when the router works connects and works perfectly as a booster of router signal.

but when it freezes no access not by lan or wifi, have to do hard reboot then it works again.

this is not a cheap unit and I am getting sick of Netggear cash for support metality, support your customers and fix your harware you have buggered up with dodgy firmwares, I cant even schedule a powerdown reboot in the menu of the router###anyone got any ideas##

have already done a reset and manual re-configure system is still doing the same thing.......

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Re: AX120 total freeze up

Have you performed a factory reset on the router?

if not I would start there using the rear pin method. Do not use a saved config profile. Set up as new and test.

Message 2 of 5
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Sorry just read you had reset.

I would reinstall the firmware over the top and try again with a reset.

if that fails I would test without the extender and see if there's an issue there. 

Message 3 of 5
r_christison
Initiate

Tried that also,

RMA unit received today, and already noticed it's much faster internet and Wi-fi 

unbelivablely the RMA unit comes with old firmware, but I don't trust the latest firmware at all, I think I will wait till Netgear do a revision as I think the problems came from it.

Message 4 of 5
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Good to hear, the latest firmware is security and very important but it's up to you. I can say I'm on the latest and it's fine and my good friend has one too and it's fine. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7