× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX1800 RAX20 readyshare questions

heybart
Aspirant

AX1800 RAX20 readyshare questions

I'm thinking of getting this router. Interested in using the NAS functions. Some questions

1) Is "Readyshare" smb? what version(s) of smb supported?

2) what transfer speed can I expect with a USB 3 portable drive (WD easystore 5TB). I have gigabit network. Will be connecting both from wired LAN (PCs) and wifi (portable devices).

I'll be interested in hearing your experience with readyshare on this or similar model

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
heybart
Aspirant

Re: AX1800 RAX20 readyshare questions

An additional question I forgot to ask (sorry there seems to be no edit button)

The WD easystore drive is 2.5" and USB powered (no AC power adaptor). Will the USB port on the AX20 have enough juice to power it?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AX1800 RAX20 readyshare questions

I don't have an RAX20. Just an RAXE500 and RAX200 for the RAX series.Which are quite a bit more expensive of devices and much higher performing for USB.

I couldn't even find much info on it for performance because its a base model device. So I wouldn't have high asperations for its speeds. 

I did find a review on the RAX40 which is going to be closer in performance than the devices I have for USB. And they hit 28-41MBps. 

https://dongknows.com/netgear-rax40-ax4-wi-fi-6-router-review/

Again, thats an RAX40 so unsure of how the RAX20 will perform in comparison. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7