× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX6 / Nighthawk speed test low

Calico1914
Follower

AX6 / Nighthawk speed test low

Okay firstly this post couldn’t find my model number.
Hey everyone, I am testing my new AX6 - Rax48 speed test on the Nighthawk app and this speed is slower than testing on the Ookla app. Ookla app is giving me the correct internet speed I pay from my ISP but the nighthawk test is showing me about 100mps slower. I’m using my mobile device btw. It’s super frustrating. I do not own a PC or laptop so it’s hard to test wired.

I have disabled anything that I’ve read in post/web that would slow my speeds... I do have MU-MIMO on. Beamforming off because I’m literally next to the router and PMF disabled. Qos is on. Can anyone tell me why my speeds are slower on the Nighthawk app than other internet speed apps? If you have any other questions about my settings let me know and I’ll respond.
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AX6 / Nighthawk speed test low

The nighthawk app isn't always accurate. Reason why is it doesn't always choose the best server to test off and you cant change the test server. 

so don't rely on it for accurate speed tests, especially if you have 500+ speeds. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7