× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding multiple ranges of ports to single 'Custom Service' RAX80

OCDiary
Follower

Adding multiple ranges of ports to single 'Custom Service' RAX80

Hi,

I upgraded from the X6 (R8000) yesterday to the new RAX80 as my old router packed in 😞 I am trying to set everything up on my network again. The issue I am having is port forwarding setup. I know how to forward ports etc, but on my old router I could have more than one port range in a single custom service, i.e. 30-40, 25540 - 25547, 1, 98. On the new dashboard I cannot seem to get this to work, despite the fact the manual actually states it is possible "You can enter a port range and fixed ports in one rule, for example, external (30–50, 78, 100–102), internal (40–60, 99, 200–202). With this rule, external ports 30–50 are forwarded to internal ports 40–60.". The input box for the port numbers will only allow me to put a maximum of 5 characters in there, and I have tried everything I can think of! This is an issue for me for a couple of reason 1) it keeps everything neat, tidy and easy to understand, and 2) I have alot of stuff going on on my network and need the full 20 custom services, with multiple port ranges in each or I cannot get everything working. I am now at a loose end on what to do next, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Adding multiple ranges of ports to single 'Custom Service' RAX80

I will look into this

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
timothystone
Aspirant

No answer yet?

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello timothystone - Are you experiencing a similar issue that OCDiary reported? 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 7
timothystone
Aspirant

Yes. Only allows 5 Characters when entering ports. Thus, I can only add one port at a time.

Message 5 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi timothystone - Thanks for getting back. I'd like for our Support Team to get in contact with you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a message with your contact info.

~Christian 

Message 6 of 7
timothystone
Aspirant

Sent via private message.
Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation