× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Airtime Fairness R8000

TravelerTD
Aspirant

Airtime Fairness R8000

I need instructions on how to disable the airtime fairness. I have logged into my Netgear router X6 R8000 and looked everywhere. I cannot find where to disable it. I am using my laptop to log into my router. Please help.

Thank you,

Tracy 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Why are you wanting to disable airtime fairness? Unless you live in the country and have no one around it, its better to leave it enabled. 

Message 2 of 9
TravelerTD
Aspirant

The security camera and bulb company said it would be best to turn it off.

Tracy

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Why are they saying that? 

Actual going over what issues you're having can help us to help you. 

Message 4 of 9
TravelerTD
Aspirant

I tried to follow the instructions they sent but my router interface looks totally different than what they sent.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

Again, why do you think you need airtime fairness disabled. it shouldn't stop setup. 

What issues with those devices are you having? We aren't there to see whats going on so a better description helps. 

Message 6 of 9
TravelerTD
Aspirant

Sorry, I tried posting this but it doesn't seem to have stuck. Wyze had me use an app called RouteThisHelps. After I sent the code to Wyze, they sent the following suggestions.

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for providing the RouteThis code.

Based on the code, your phone is connected to 5GHz that is why the bulb keeps going offline. Please make sure you're connected to 2.4GHz.

Also, it shows here that you're using an ASUS/Netgear router. This router has a setting calle Airtime Fairness which limit the bandwidth of the devices on a network. We suggest you disable this setting.

They included a link to how to disable it but my router interface is completely different.

Thank you,

Tracy

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

I've got airtime fairsness and bandsteering working on my devices without issues. I have have many different smart bulbs. 

When you're setting them up, just make sure the phone is on the 2.4ghz during setup. 

What firmware is the R8000 on? 

What modem is it connected to? 

Message 8 of 9
TravelerTD
Aspirant

Netgear CM500 modem

Firmware v1.0.4.52_10.1.67

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos