× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant access my RAX80 from the internet

vers85
Aspirant

Cant access my RAX80 from the internet

Guys,
I'm struggling to configure my RAX80 to be accessed from the outside World. Tried several services like readyshare through https/sftp, vpn, readycloud. Nothing works. I have my DDNS setup (tried different providers) and i can see they resolve to the correct IP. I can ping it too, but some online port scanner shows all ports are closed.

Im running the latest firmware and have service blocking set to never. Any clues?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
vers85
Aspirant

Re: Cant access my RAX80 from the internet

Very sorry for the unclear description. Actually I asked for a clue and you provided one. Thank you.

The issue was that the device from my ISP can work in modem and router mode. I was sure I switched it to a modem, but it turned out not to be a case. Now everything works as expected. Thanks again

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
vers85
Aspirant

Re: Cant access my RAX80 from the internet

Very sorry for the unclear description. Actually I asked for a clue and you provided one. Thank you.

The issue was that the device from my ISP can work in modem and router mode. I was sure I switched it to a modem, but it turned out not to be a case. Now everything works as expected. Thanks again

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7