× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant open my port on my Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 Tri-band R8000

Kingstevemzz
Aspirant

Cant open my port on my Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 Tri-band R8000

Hello, i have been trying to setup a minecraft server for a while now and ive finally managed to get my servre working. I can sucessfully join my own server locally but when my friends try to join it doesn't work. After doing a little bit of research i found out that my port that my server uses is closed. Anything technical beyond creating a port is too much for me to understand, i need help trying to open my port through any means possible, and try to be simplistic as i do not really know much about routers and electronics alike. Any help is appreciated!

My port is a default 25565 which minecraft uses and the server and port are both located on my main computer.

If screenshots or more relevant information is needed, please ask for them!

Message 1 of 3

Re: Cant open my port on my Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 Tri-band R8000

@Kingstevemzz wrote:

Hello, i have been trying to setup a minecraft server for a while now and ive finally managed to get my servre working.

Check the various discussions on the same issue.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – minecraft

I doubt if there is a lot new to be added.

Message 2 of 3
Kingstevemzz
Aspirant

Re: Cant open my port on my Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 Tri-band R8000

I was hoping for a more personal solution as i cannot find other solutions to the problem i have concerning my own router and setup. i just need a simple walkthrough to open my port

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7