× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Clients Frequently Disconnect from RAX50

mrkentwa
Aspirant

Clients Frequently Disconnect from RAX50

Updated to try to select proper product but the AX5400 isn't in the list.

I've got a RAX50 running firmware V1.0.2.82_2.0.50. I've checked both the router and my primary computer for updates and none are available. 

I have about 30 devices connected to it across both the 2.4 and 5GHz radios.

Randomly today, all the clients will disconnect and then reconnect within a minute or two. Logs show a bunch of DoS attack events (ACK Scan, RST Scan and Fraggle Attack) from a variety of sources but that seems pretty continuous throughout the day and doesn't show any increase immediately preceeding the disconnect.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 or 149 to 161 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 8
mrkentwa
Aspirant

Using an Arris Surfboard SB8200 instead of Comcast's supplied modem.

As far as channels, I'm using auto. The devices that are dropping off are all on the 5GHz radio. I tried manual after scanning the area for noise on the different available channels but auto was already using the quietest channels.

There are 2 nearby networks but both are weak signals.

Just to be clear, the NG router doesn't lose internet access, it just kicks all clients off. Almost like the radio is cycling off and back on really quickly.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using now?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Message 4 of 8
mrkentwa
Aspirant

I set it back to auto and is selected 6 and 48.

I did a factory reset of both the modem and router when the issue first started (after I tinkered with a bunch of settings to no avail)

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you disable AX mode on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios by chance? 

Also try turning down the power output of the wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 6 of 8
mrkentwa
Aspirant

I tried disabling AX and reducing the radio power. Neither of those produced noticable results. At this point, I appreciate all the help but I've got to be able to work and my kids need consistent connection for school so I'm just going to return this and try something different.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7