× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Confused about setting up the vpn on my RAX80 and my Apple Products.

NightHawkRAX80
Aspirant

Confused about setting up the vpn on my RAX80 and my Apple Products.

I enabled the VPN on my NightHawk and downloaded the non-windows zip file.

Expanded it and found a few files in it.
Reading the instructions from the VPN Configurator I get confused on step 4.

To install Mac VPN client on your client devices:

Step 1: Select the Enable VPN Service check box and click the Apply button.
Step 2: Download and install application "OpenVPN Connect" utility from App Store.
Step 3: Click the "For non-Windows" button to download the configuration files for your VPN clients.
Step 4: Unzip the configuration files you have just downloaded and use iTune to upload them to the folder of "OpenVPN Connect" on your device.
Step 5: Run the application "OpenVPN Connect", you will find a profile related with the configuration file you just uploaded. Then connect with the profile.
Step 6: For help connecting using OpenVPN clients, please refer to http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/howto.html#quick and http://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/docs/admin-guides-sp-859543150/howto-desktop-client-configuration/495-connecting-to-openvpn-access-server-using-the-connect-client-on-mac.html

Note: if you want to make any change in Advanced Configurations section, please make the changes before you download the configuration files in Step 3.

What do they mean by "use iTune to upload them to the folder fo "OpenVPN Connect"?
I have OpenVPN Connect installed on my mac and it is 'running' on the menu bar...but..... ?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Confused about setting up the vpn on my RAX80 and my Apple Products.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7