× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection Sequence for A NIghthawk RX200 AX11000 Router and a Netgear GS752TOv2 Managed Switch

DrSluggo
Aspirant

Connection Sequence for A NIghthawk RX200 AX11000 Router and a Netgear GS752TOv2 Managed Switch

Freinds,

I am in the process of upgrading my office network at home.  I just installed a new AT&T Business Fiber connection with a 1Gb/1Gb connection and want to distribute as much bandwidth as possible to my internal network.  AT&T gave me a BGW320-505 modem with one 5Gb and three 1Gb etthernet ports out and a plugged port called an (ONT?).  The AT&T modem has a fairly robust wireless signal.

To give the family, who are involved in a number of enterprises, the best WiFi access available I picked up a NightHawk RX200 - AX11000 wireless router and intend to connet a GS752TPv2 to it.  My thought was to connect the RX200 to the Fiber modem via the 5Gb port, and then using the multi-Gig output to the GS752TPv2 via a 10Gb transceiver on one of the 4 SFP ports.  Or should it be the other way around; the swith to the modem and then the router to the switch?  Any advice you can provide will be helpful.

Model: GS752TPv2|48-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W), RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
DrSluggo
Aspirant

Re: Connection Sequence for A NIghthawk RX200 AX11000 Router and a Netgear GS752TOv2 Managed Switch

I think Amazon may be distributing bogus product.  I purchased the RX 200 from Amazon, along with a number of other components.  I just had to send the RX 200 back because the radio would not power up.  I should have realized there was a problem with I pulled the unit out of the box and there was no QR code.  All of the instructions call for a QR code on the product but none were to be found.  After spending 4 hours trying to trouble shoot the unit I gave up, sent it back.  Very dissapointed.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7