× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Currently have AX8 AX5700; thinking of adding AX1800, 1 router and 2 satellites

ejcbud1
Follower

Currently have AX8 AX5700; thinking of adding AX1800, 1 router and 2 satellites

The actual model number of my router is RAX75 or AX8 AX5700, couldn't find it in the provided list. Let me start by saying I am not real savy when it comes to computers/roouters. I currently have my RAX75 tethered with to my ATT Uverse router/gateway, don't remember if it is cat5 or 6. Netgear support helped me setup the RAX75 as an AP. What I want to know, before I purchase them, is can I connect the Nighthawk MK3 wifi6 mesh to the RAX75 to extend its wifi? Will it work as a true mesh on the RAX75 wifi? Would it be better to ewturn the RAX75 and purchase the EAX80 wifi extender? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. regards, Ed

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Currently have AX8 AX5700; thinking of adding AX1800, 1 router and 2 satellites

Hello ejcbud1,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7