× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DHCP ipv6 with AdguardHome DNS

Laurent78
Aspirant

DHCP ipv6 with AdguardHome DNS

Hi everyone.
My network is set up with a Netgear RAX10 router and AdguardHome as DNS server. I’ve set up AdguardHome as ipv4 DHCP server and everything is fine in ipv4.
For ipv6, the netgear interface let me little choice (use DHCP server or automatic configuration). There’s no DHCP deactivation option as in ipv4.
The issue is that the AdguardHome DNS IPv6 address is not propagated to the devices on the LAN. Only the router address is. So all the ipv6 DNS requests on AdguardHome come from the router instead of the clients and so it bypass my filtering rules.
I’ve tried the two options on the Netgear but without success. Would anyone knows how to improve that ? Thank you.
Message 1 of 3

What does AdguardHome say about setting it up alongside a router?

What is the modem/gateway/ONT on front of this chain?

Message 2 of 3
Laurent78
Aspirant

The AdguardHome configuration (https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/wiki/Configuration) offers also very few options:

dhcpv6 - DHCPv6 settings:
range_start - the first IP address to be assigned to a client.
lease_duration - same as in v4 above.
ra_slaac_only and ra_allow_slaac - send RA packets either forcing the clients to use SLAAC or allowing them to choose. See the DHCP article section on these options for more information.

I’ve got an ONT in front of my Netgear RAX10.
Thank you.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7