× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disconnection Roulette

H3FTA
Aspirant

Disconnection Roulette

Bought myself a RAX200 to use instead of my VM SuperHub 4 (As apparently no one in VM Tech knows how to support their own kit) on the Gig1 plan.

I seem to be playing disconnect roulette with all of my Google products, it will randomly disconnect one of my Google Home/Nest Mini/Pixel 4s almost whenever you want to do something and it's driving me nuts.

I'm on software version: V1.0.2.88_1.0.50, which has recently just updated but before this it was still doing it.

Is there a fix or should I just give up and send it back to Amazon?

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 7
lmanpunk
Star

In my opinion send it back or get used to daily drops multiple times a day.  My R7000 is better than my RAX200.   RAX200 was such a waste of money

Message 2 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi H3FTA, 

May you disable AX and let us know if your issue persists. If you recently purchased your device, you may also contact our support team. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 3 of 7
H3FTA
Aspirant

Sorry but disabling the main reason for upgrading to this router is a bit backwards. It's been sent back to Amazon anyway.
Message 4 of 7
MikeDTuck
Aspirant

I am VERY close to driving over to BestBuy and hurling this through a window and if I was anynear where a Netgear office I would do it to them instead!!

With that said, I have been going nuts watching my Google Pixel 3 constantly connecting and disconnecting. Didn't matter if AX was on or off. If SmartConnect was on or off.  Family is PISSED I keep changing settings and rebooting the networl.

While staring at the connection on my Macbook I noticed something interesting - At one point it had a IPv6 address and then it didn't and then it did again.  I realized in setting up my new RAX200 (which I purchased to replace a rand new RAX120 because of the supposed increased capabilities and the Circle parental control), I turned on IPv6 - for no good reason.

Turned it off and my Pixel 3 and Macbook seem more stable - I have AX turned on along with all of the OFDMA settings, but for now still have SmartConnect turned off.  I have the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands with the same SSID, but set up a new network for the High Band 5 ghz SSID - which i will use for work purposes.

So far, FINGERS CROSSED, it is working.

Not sure if this will help anyone, or if this was even the problem I was having or if it is a placebo.  Again...  FINGERS CROSSED.  Already have to return the RAX120 to BB - Going to be pissed if I have to also return the RAX200 now.

Message 5 of 7
wingdam
Star

Send it back, I only wish I could get rid of my POS.

Check EBay to see how many are being dumped.

Message 6 of 7
MikeDTuck
Aspirant

Yeah - Kind of sad but completely underwhelmed and disappointed - Nothing is really fully working - can't even use Circle accurately, device lists, etc.  I am returning the RAX120 which I then upgraded to RAX200 to be able to use Circle, and not going to go look at maybe Linksys Velop or even go look at Alien...

@wingdam wrote:

Send it back, I only wish I could get rid of my POS.

Check EBay to see how many are being dumped.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7