× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Enable Fixed IP in AP mode / Invalid IP

matsura787
Follower

Enable Fixed IP in AP mode / Invalid IP

*Interesting that my router is not found in the list of router models....I can't even save a manually typed in Model # because it is not predefined in the options list.

I wanted to set a static IP on my router (RAX48 w/ firmware V1.0.5.106_2.0.70).

I am aware it says (Not recommended).

I have all the settings correctly entered in the form that I would like to set router as but I get an popup that states invalid IP.

I am confused as the IP is not invalid and is currently the IP being used by the AP.

The IP address is outside of the block of IP addresses allocated to the router for assignment via DHCP server running on it.

The IP address is valid for the subnet the router is on and the IP is not masked by the subnet. The gateway and DNS IP addresses are the same as the router IP address.

I am also getting an error that the IP address for the gateway and DNS are invalid and that subnet mask is invalid. The are all copied over from a working router setup.

Almost positive this is a bug.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Enable Fixed IP in AP mode / Invalid IP

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT or host router the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7