× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ethernet ports don’t work RAX75

Gonzalo28
Aspirant

Ethernet ports don’t work RAX75

I have tried to connect wired devices to the ports of the Nighthawk and any of them work. The type of router is Nighthawk AX8 8-stream AX5700 and the model is RAX75. I hope you can help me to do it properly. Thank you!
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

What firmware version are you on? 

Have you tried this to check your ports? 

https://kb.netgear.com/28408/WAN-or-LAN-port-not-working

Message 2 of 4
Gonzalo28
Aspirant

Firmware V1.0.5.126
I already spent 12 hours on the phone with Arris, XFINITY and Netgear, and the problem is that the IP address can not be generated. They told me I need to hire a Network Engineer to clean up all the Invalid IP addresses that are blocking my network to generate valid IPs. ($150-300)
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Gonzalo28 wrote:
Firmware V1.0.5.126
I already spent 12 hours on the phone with Arris, XFINITY and Netgear, and the problem is that the IP address can not be generated. They told me I need to hire a Network Engineer to clean up all the Invalid IP addresses that are blocking my network to generate valid IPs. ($150-300)

Highly doubt you were talking to an actual netgear person as that "hire a network engineer" is complete bogus. 

I'm better you either googled for a phone number or something similar. There's a lot of scam sites and the # isn't on google.

To talk to netgear, you click on "mynetgear' at the top, register an account and the device. From there you can contact netgear. 

Keep in mind, support is only free for the first 90 days of purchase. After that it does cost $ but not "150-300" as whoever you talked to tried to sell you on. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7