× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Factory reset

MAS76
Initiate

Factory reset

Hello,

Is there a way to set my router to default to my config instead of the factory config when holding the reset button?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Re: Factory reset

@MAS76 wrote:

Is there a way to set my router to default to my config instead of the factory config when holding the reset button?

No. By definition "reset" means reset to factory defaults.

To restore your own settings, first create a backup, then reset and reload the backup. Not sure that this will achieve much though.

Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Can't help much more without knowing what your Netgear device is. I doubt if it is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your "footer". That's something completely different.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 4
MAS76
Initiate

Ty for your time. That is the correct model.
What happens is my son holds the reset button down to restore the factory defaults losing my parental controls. He then can use the Internet to play video games. My intention, and I was told at Best Buy that this modem/router can be set up to at least keep parental controls even after a factory reset.
Message 3 of 4

@MAS76 wrote:
....I was told at Best Buy that this modem/router can be set up to at least keep parental controls even after a factory reset.

Afraid not.

If your son is uncontrollable, I would try another strategy. Put the router in a locked box.

He is clearly familiar with routers and how to set them up. Otherwise he would not be able to get it back on line after a reset.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7