× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware upgrade AX4300

liv2hunt
Tutor

Firmware upgrade AX4300

I am attempting to update the firmware on my AX4300 router but keep getting the message "GUI language file is invalid". I also attempted to update the firmware manually but that didnt work either.

This all started due to the fact that I continuosly lose my internet connection and the router needs to be rebooted. I unplug it, plug it back in and it reconnects and is fine.

I am looking for help wih all of this and also wondering if it related, or could it be due to excess devices as I may have as many as 30 devices connected at once between wired and wireless.

Thanks in advance for any help

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

AX4300 is a speed. 

what actual model do you have? 

when you were doing the manual update, did you extract the file prior to trying to upload it? the downloaded one is compressed and needs to be extracted. 

Message 2 of 5
liv2hunt
Tutor

plemans, thanks for responding. My actual model is RAX45. Sorry for the incorrect number before.

I was able to finally get the update installed. Not sure what the issue was previously as I used the same file that I had tried before but this time, it completed the update.

I am still trying to figure what is causing the disconnect from the internet. Any ideas.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

what actual firmware did you install? 

What modem is it connected to? 

After the firmware update, did you try a factory reset and clean install (not from backup)?
The rax devices were released even before the AX spec was finalized. For some reason they respond favorably to factory resets. 

Message 4 of 5
liv2hunt
Tutor

I installed Firmware Version V1.0.2.82_2.0.50.

Connected to a

SURFboard® SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0® Cable Modem

as far as the factory reset and re install, I have not done so. It is currently working and I will wait to see if the simple firmware update helps before going to the factory reset procedure.

Thanks for the help

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7