× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frequently receiving connection failures from web sites while usng new RAX80

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Frequently receiving connection failures from web sites while usng new RAX80

My Netgear Community username indicates the Netgear router I recently upgraded from (R6250). I have been using my new RAX80 for a few weeks now and have one very annoying issue that keeps happening. I have other issues as well but I probably need to post them separately.

When I select a site with my browser whether going there for the first time or have been there many times before, I get an error indicating a connection failure. As a matter of fact I just received one when trying to connect to this forum.

It's extremely annoying and usually (but not always) gets connected when clicking the "Try Again" button that comes along with the error.

I have certainly seen this error before when using other routers but it used to be quite rare and probably the cause was that the site I'm trying to connect to was slow or failing, now it's happening far more frequently.

I am, and have been, using Spectrum cable ISP, Win 10, and Firefox browser. I am connected to a hardwire, RJ45 port with my main computer.

I have at least 7 (most of the time 😎 and up to 9 or 10 wifi connections to this router at any given time. Almost all are 2.4 GHz which is the main reason I bought this router.

The issue seems to go away after a group of failures, not every site at any one group though.

Is there something intermittently wrong with my new router or is there a setting that might help the situation?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Frequently receiving connection failures from web sites while usng new RAX80

Hello Rick-R6250,

I would recommend that you contact our Support Team as your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support.

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Frequently receiving connection failures from web sites while usng new RAX80

Hello Rick-R6250,

I would recommend that you contact our Support Team as your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support.

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7