× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GEARHEAD is a SCAM !

HorribleService
Follower

GEARHEAD is a SCAM !

I had purchased this extender over 90 days ago and only recently found time to open the box to install.  This was April 23, 2021.  The worst night of service experience I'd ever lived-through ensued.   The instructions, both printed and online, were confusing and incomplete.  The troubleshooting/Q&A areas of the website were abysmal.  I finally called NetGear and got the sales pitch about how I was outside the 90 day window from date of purchase and had to purchase their GearHead program for further tech support for $140.  Biggest mistake I'd make for the quarter.  After that, I went through 3-4 techs who constantly asked me for Name, email address, ph. # and case nbr.  Why they couldn't just take my case number and forego the other waste-of-time q's is just another tactic to wear down the consumer to quit.  None of them would listen to the issues and instead asked questions that were already answered less than a minute ago.  One tech even told me repeatedly that I had to contact my internet provider to ask for the pw, when the pw was working fine for the router and connectivity to 12 other devices in my home.  Aside from the pw, the last tech asked to go remote onto my PC to work through the account online. I warned him that my set-up was a 4-monitor, but he ignored me and then then messed-up the settings for my 4-monitor set-up.  That was the final straw. GearHead was not making progress, they were very much regressive.  Since this took 2-3 hours of my evening away from me forever, I demanded that the GearHead fee be not charged to me and if it was already charged, then refunded due to failure to perform their duties.   There was NO WAY I was going to spend another minute with their techs, when I went through 3 of them and got horrible results.

Two days later, I got a vm that was practically intelligible from NetGear.  Of course, there is only the phone number and then I have to go through 10 minutes of rigamorale q's to finally get through to a live voice.  Then, that person kept asking me q's that were, again, already answered 30-60 seconds prior.  I repeatedly said that there was no need for discussion and that the only thing necessary now was a refund.  Instead, the person said my case will be elevated to a "concern team."  What?  What discussions need to happen?  I already had completed a survey explaining all of this horrible service and they keep asking me questions already answered in the survey, in the case sheet, etc. etc.   

My fault for not installing the device immediately and returning to Amazon rightaway to avoid all of this mess.  The device is worthless and I also wasted $140 on GearHead.  All of this really leads me to believe very strongly that GearHead is a total SCAM. 

To all, consider this your biggest favor of this decade - AVOID NETGEAR and especially, GEARHEAD.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GEARHEAD is a SCAM !

Hello,

I'd like for our Customer Care Team to reach out for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, may you send me a private message with your email address and case number(s). 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7