× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I know if my wifi is connected to the bridge?

bent57
Tutor

How do I know if my wifi is connected to the bridge?

Hi,

My main router is nighthawk rax48(192.168.1.1) and I use nighthawk rax43(192.168.1.2) as a bridge. The connection between them is thru wired ethernet. 

My question is the wifi thru the bridge. If I login to 192.168.1.2, It will show no attached devices at all. In fact, it does not even show any of the devices  attached to the ethernet port. If I login to 192.168.1, I can see all the attached devices. How do I know I am connected to the wifi of the bridge? I am just 3 feet away from it but if I use the nighthawk app device manager, my cellphone is showing as attached to the main router. I know that the bridge is working thru the ethernet ports because I can access the internet if I attach my laptop or even my streaming TV. 

Thanks a lot.

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: How do I know if my wifi is connected to the bridge?

A bridge acts as a switch-like device and will not show attatched devices, wired or wireless. Many functions are disabled in bridge mode so this is normal. If everything works OK on your end, there's nothing to worry about

Message 2 of 4
bent57
Tutor

Yes. Everything is working. It just feels weird that everything is shown as connected to the main router. Thanks a lot.
Message 3 of 4
microchip8
Master

@bent57 wrote:
Yes. Everything is working. It just feels weird that everything is shown as connected to the main router. Thanks a lot.

As I said, a bridge disables router functuality so there's no way to track what devices are connecting to it.. It's the main router that is the horse

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7