× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to setup Priority for Xbox one on RAX80 AX6000

Snopczynski
Aspirant

How to setup Priority for Xbox one on RAX80 AX6000

Hi All, I am hard wired from my xbox one with cat 6 to a Netgear AX6000. I was wondering how to set the xbox one as the top priority device when it is on and being used? The xbox speed test is definitely faster when I disconnect some of the devices from the router. I play Call of Duty with a bunch of PC guys now, so i am trying to get the most I can out of the connection.

Thanks in advance.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
Snopczynski
Aspirant

Re: How to setup Priority for Xbox one on RAX80 AX6000

You guys alive? I figured out how to make my NAT open with the UpnP. Now I want to open up the Call of duty modern warfare channels full blast. Any help is appreciated.

Message 2 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Snopczynski, 

You may also try enable dynamic QoS to optimize internet traffic management. Please refer to page 90 of the user manual linked below. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX80/RAX80_UM_EN.pdf

Regards,

Christian 

Message 3 of 8
Snopczynski
Aspirant

Do I want to enable the automatic QOS database update?

How do I give the Xbox one priority over everything else hooked to the router when the xbox one is turned on or being used?

Message 4 of 8
Snopczynski
Aspirant

Hello?

Message 5 of 8
rw5s
Initiate

I would enable QoS and automatic QOS database update, you might as well check for updates here as well. Click Apply and wait for settings to update. From my experience this should be enough to support your Xbox playing CoD online with crossplay.

I have an AX8 I just set up a couple weeks ago. I get 400-450 Mbps download speeds with a wired connection, and about 300Mbps a few rooms away over wifi. I also have xbox one, and play cod with crossplay on, while connected to this router Wirelessly, nonetheless. We have some other minimal network traffic running at the same time as well.

To take this a step further, turn the Xbox on and make sure it is connected to the router. You can then go to your router settings (I just use the web interface, not the app), select Home > Attached Devices, and it should show Xbox One, you can edit and change Deviec Type to Gaming Console and its priority to Highest. I've read these settings sometimes can get erased, but I just set this up last night, I'll check again tonight to see if the settings are still there.

Message 6 of 8
Snopczynski
Aspirant

Thank you, I will give this a whirl. I am basically trying to get all the speed I can out of the house when i am playing. The PC guys seem to have the upper hand on us console guys with speed.

Message 7 of 8
rw5s
Initiate

For sure, I believe there's an advantage with keyboard and mouse too, unfortunately not much to do about that one.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7