× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I need to block IP's

TomJB
Aspirant

I need to block IP's

I'm a new Netgear user & am very surprised that along with the several useful features & options, there's no easy method to block a basic range of IP's ie 144.92.90.0-255

The only indirect way I found from searching online is to create a static route on a single IP - that's not going to help much & I think the limit is 30 entries. Netgear you can do better. I am in the network support & security field & have a need to block ranges in order to be approved to work from home full time.

A question for anyone who can help, regarding blocking sites, if I enter .cn or .ru will that block all sites ending in those domains? Do I need a wild card *.cn ?  I think this is a similar issue as the need to block IP's, I can imagine the need to block a single site, but there are so many sites & new sites can & are easily created, I'm not sure how useful or effective (at least for very long) it is to block a single site except for parent control etc where the intention is to block a regular established commercial related site.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7