× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I was able to make it to L2 after a few hours with L1

koa132435
Star

I was able to make it to L2 after a few hours with L1

Same experience here. I was able to make it to L2 after a few hours with L1. Spent a few more hours collecting info and drawings. My problem is with AP mode and I am being asked to do tests for Netgear on router mode 🙄 even after I provided the configuration file. It seems I am being asked to do the heavy lifting.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I was able to make it to L2 after a few hours with L1

So might be more helpful if you let us know what NG product your referring too. 

Maybe we can help you if you give more details to what your referring to and what problems your having. 

Message 2 of 3
koa132435
Star

Re: I was able to make it to L2 after a few hours with L1

@FURRYe38 

Sure, I got two RAX200s and configured both in AP mode. My needs call for the use of the 2.5 Gbps. Problem is that it seems the 2.5 Gbps port on the RAX200s is capped or throttle upload speed to ~500 Mbps. If I use one of the 1.0 Gbps ports then the upload speed is ~900 Mbps. I can repeat/duplicate this problem 100% of the times.  Connectivity is below. I replaced the GS110EMX with a different multigig switch and same problem. No interference problem based on inSSIDer information. 2 different laptops, different brands and different WiFi Card same problem. Tested from iphone and same problem. Using 5ghz band. I am running the latest firmware and tested 2 previous fws same results.

Test 1

Laptop  <--- 3 ft from RAX200 signal level -27dbm Tx/Rx wireless 2402 Mbps /2402 Mbps --->RAX200 Port 2.5 Gbps <--->GS110EMX <--> NAS/Local Speed Server    Upload speed limited to ~500 Mbps / Download Speed ~900 Mbps

Test 2

Laptop  <--- 3 ft from RAX200 signal level -27dbm Tx/Rx wireless 2402 Mbps /2402 Mbps --->RAX200 Port 1.0 Gbps <--->GS110EMX <--> NAS/Local Speed Server    Upload speed ~900 Mbps / Download Speed ~900 Mbps

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7