× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet Access Netgear AX5400

noelft
Aspirant

Internet Access Netgear AX5400

Having lots of issues trying to connect to my most used sites, won't let me connect on any of my PC's or Laptop anyone have an answer ?

Message 1 of 7

Which AX5400 is that?

AX5400 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC/AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

Having lots of issues trying to connect to my most used sites, won't let me connect on any of my PC's or Laptop

Connecting how? On what?

What happens when you try?

Troubleshooting depends on  having detailed descriptions of what you are doing, what goes wrong, and what you have tried to fix things.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 7
noelft
Aspirant

It's an AX6 with WIFI 6

Message 3 of 7

@noelft wrote:

It's an AX6 with WIFI 6

That tells us even less. There are about a dozen AX6 models.

Netgear has made several "AX5400" routers.

RAX50,XR1000 and the SXK50.

As i said before, Look at the label on the device for the model number.

model number

And the other questions?

Message 4 of 7
noelft
Aspirant

RAX50-100NAS

Firmware Version v1.0.11.112

Message 5 of 7

This is like getting blood put of a stone.

@noelft wrote:

RAX50-100NAS

Firmware Version v1.0.11.112

So, you have the latest firmware. But there is still some important unanswered question.

Connecting how?

On what?

What happens when you try?

Troubleshooting depends on having detailed descriptions of what you are doing, what goes wrong, and what you have tried to fix things.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

All we know is that you have "lots of issues trying to connect to my most used sites".

Whatever that means, it could be down to many things.

Message 6 of 7
DamianM
NETGEAR Moderator

Dear Customer,

You have contacted the German-speaking NETGEAR Community.

We are able to support you only in this particular language. If you decide to contact us in German, please rewrite your question and/or describe your issue/problem so everybody can understand and participate if they want.

Kind Regards,
DamianM
NETGEAR Community

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7