× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is the Netgear Nighthawk RAX50 worth it?

betens
Follower

Is the Netgear Nighthawk RAX50 worth it?

The Nighthawk is currently at a fairly good discount at my local store, it has good reviews, but when looking it up on Reddit, there were a few posts stating that the router is "unstable". I.e dropping out, needing to factory reset after each firmware upgrade and low speeds etc.

I currently have the Asus rt-ac66u, but I'm not happy with it. Installing merlin did not solve my issues either. I consistently need to restart it at least once a day due to internet dropouts

So is the nighthawk a good router, and is it stable would be my question?

Message 1 of 4

Try asking for feedback in the section of this community where people discuss the RAX50.

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

You'll always see posts with people that have issues. They're always going to go on support forums/review sites to explain the issues you're having. So you'll never find something that has 100% good reviews. 

I usually recommend to people to buy from a site/store that has a good return policy. Buy the device and give it a good week and if its not to your satisfaction. return it. Usually you can tell pretty quickly if something meets your needs or not. 

Message 3 of 4

@plemans wrote:

You'll always see posts with people that have issues. They're always going to go on support forums/review sites to explain the issues you're having. So you'll never find something that has 100% good reviews. 

Very true. This place attracts people with problems, not those with success stores to report.

Another place to look for views is on the sellers' sites/No one would ever trust Amazon, say, as the ultimate arbiter, but people will write reviews for things that they like as well as stuff that cause problems.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7