× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Login RAX70

ncoleamy
Aspirant

Login RAX70

I have the RAX70 Nighthawk, everything is up to date.

I am attempting to log in using an iMac.  I am using the exact same information that I use to login when using my MacBook Pro.  I've triple checked the name and password. I see the login information on my MacBook. I see the Login information in the Apple Keychain, and see the Login information in the Notes app. But the router continually tells me that I'm entering the wrong name/password.  Netgear next forced me to enter the router SN# and answer my security questions. The page took the SN#, but then informed me that I am answering the questions wrong. This is crazy! I know where I was born and I know where my mother was born... I even know how to spell the city names. I have screen shots of the original questions that I answered, including the answers, but the effin' router tells me that it is not the info stored on the device. 

I've checked my network/wi-fi advanced settings and Firewall settings. Both the MacBook and the iMac have the exact same settings. 

Anyone else had these issues? Do I need to (once again) reset the router back to factory settings? 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Login RAX70

What browser are you using? Happens in other browsers? 

Be sure to clear out all browsers before going to the routers web page. Also you might do a reboot of the router as if too many incorrect logins would trigger this and would need to time out to expire that condition or a reboot of the router should clear that. 

Message 2 of 7
ncoleamy
Aspirant

Thank you for you very very very fast reply.

I am using Safari (with the latest update), running macOS Monterey on a iMac 2020 (an intel not the M1). A popup router msg did advise waiting for 1 minute for everything to reset. I went back to it about an hour later. In the meantime, I cleared Safari's Website Data/Cookies, in preferences, and again confirmed that there were no settings activated that would block a login connection to the router and performed a reboot of the router. I restarted the iMac also. Just for the sake of doing so, I tried to login (only one time) using my older MacBook Pro (2013 model) that I have kept it from updating to Monterey. It's running Big Sur. The router will not let me enter with that either. However, I was able to login using a PC. I've had numerous issues with this Netgear router and my Apple products. It seems that Netgear just does not like Apples; Macintosh Apples anyways. Maybe it prefers Granny Smith.

Thank you so much for your help! Any other suggestions?

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does this happen with different browser on your Macs? Try Firefox or Opera? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 4 of 7
ncoleamy
Aspirant

The firmware up up to date. I prefer not loading either of those browsers or any other into my system, so, no I haven't tried that route. I'll do a factory reset later on. That usually clears things up for a while. 

... And, thanks again 😀

Message 5 of 7

@ncoleamy wrote:

I am attempting to log in using an iMac.  

Login to what? Browser graphical user interface (GUI) or the wifi?

Netgear next forced me to enter the router SN# and answer my security questions. The page took the SN#, but then informed me that I am answering the questions wrong.

Sounds like you are into password recovery territory. If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

Even if you set it up password recovery, according to the manual that doesn't work in Safari.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Seen problems with Safari before so this maybe one are to keep an eye on. Why we recommend trying other Browsers for backup. 

@ncoleamy wrote:

The firmware up up to date. I prefer not loading either of those browsers or any other into my system, so, no I haven't tried that route. I'll do a factory reset later on. That usually clears things up for a while. 

... And, thanks again 😀

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7