× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Losing Wired Connections

justinto
Aspirant

Losing Wired Connections

A few times a week, the router loses the wired lan connections (R9000 X10 AD 7200) but the wireless connections stay on. This is annoying and I cannot find out why. I have read some of the other complaints but I do not understand if there was a fix.

I have firmware version: 1.0.5.24 and I am using a Morotola MB8600 cable modem through Xfinity. Even after I reset the modem and router everything is fine for awhile then goes out again. I have tried a factory reset of the router and loaded the saved setup. I use a simple router setup - basically default nothing unusual except I changed the WAN to 192.168.0.1 from 192.168.1.1.

I have all of the wireless setups, but there is no problem with the wireless.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Losing Wired Connections

After the reset, try a clean install and not from backup. If there's an issue with an old setting causing issues, restoring the saved configuration just puts the bad setting back in there. 

Message 2 of 4
roger1955
Apprentice

Hi,

I to had that issue, where the LAN would disconnect and then reconnect. Pleman's suggestion is spot on. I haven't had any issues since I did a factory reset, followed by a clean install. BTW, my X10 was dropping the LAN  while in Router mode. After I purchased the RAX200 and  put the X10 in AP mode it still dropped LAN connection. That is not the case now, hasn't happen in several months. Good luck.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 3 of 4
justinto
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. Interestingly, I have not had the issue since I posted. I will try your suggestion if this happens again. Stay healthy.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7