× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MS60 satelites will not sync with MR60 router

Vector77
Aspirant

MS60 satelites will not sync with MR60 router

I have the Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System in my home. It was working fine until about 3 days ago. Now the MR60 router will not sync with the 2 satellites (MS60). I have gone through the process of pushing the sync buttons on both devices. It appears that they are syncing and the LED on both the router and satellites turns blue. According to the manual, they should be synced up, but they aren't. When I go into the Nighthawk app on my iPad and select Network Map, the 2 satellites show a purple dot next to them instead of the green dot. Also, when I select one of the satellites, I go to a page that says "No Connected Device Found."

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Vector77, 

You may try performing a factory reset on your Nighthawk Mesh system and running through the setup assistant again using the Nighthawk app.

Christian 

Message 2 of 13
Vector77
Aspirant

Thank you, Christian, but I have already tried the reset suggestion and it made no difference.

Message 3 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Vector77, 

I would recommend contacting our support team for further assistance to investigate whether this may be due to hardware. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian

Message 4 of 13
rjhaack
Tutor

I am having similar issues.  How do we do what you suggest when you only provide 90 days of support and that has expired?  

Message 5 of 13
MINTXIL78
Tutor

I just had the same thing happen to me. Was this issue solved? Not sure if related but there was a firmware update yesterday and now the 2nd router shows up purple on the app but blue on the hardware

Message 6 of 13
Intel1234
Guide

I am also having almost the same issue. I have done factory reset. I have almost done everything but still the I am having same problem. Not a good router to buy.
Message 7 of 13
rjhaack
Tutor

I finally gave up on Netgear and bought an ASUS system (Model XD4N).   The Netgears seemed find if they were back hauled but not via wireless but I took a chance on Netgear after having issues with them in a long time ago but I will never buy any more NetGear items.  They were actually easier to setup

Message 8 of 13
MINTXIL78
Tutor

Hey all

I was able to finall figure this ridiculous problem out. 

1. A few weeks ago the nighthawk app notified me up a firmware update. So I clicked update.  

2. Didn't realize one of my satellites went out till later so didn't "connect the dots" 

3. Turns out the latest firmware update V1.0.6.110 should NOT be uploaded on the MR60/MD60 router/satellites. 

4. I went on netgears website and dowloaeded V1.06.102 and updloaded it to the MR60 router using the "routerlogin.net" access.  Attached image to show where to go to upload. 

5. After this upload everything worked correctly. 

I spent many hours to finally figure this out. Had to pay to join "gearheads" for them to spend an hour on the phone with me to lead me to the same thing. 

The feedback was that  I should not manual update when firmware is available as there are issues with it working with this specific MR60 router.  My feedback to netgrear is then they shouldn't have their apps alert me that an update is available. 

Ultimately fixed it but disappointed I had to spend $90 and several hours with gearheads to fix something they shouldn't have released to the public in the first place. 

Hope other can fix this issue with my 

Manual_Upload.PNG

Message 9 of 13
Intel1234
Guide

You should ask for the refund because it’s not your mistake or dispute the charges on your credit card. You will get your money back.
Message 10 of 13
rjhaack
Tutor

In my case it was an automatic update that screwed me over and no matter what I tried I could not roll back to a previous version.  Netgear should refund that $90 to you since this was an issue on their part telling you of an update that should not have been run on this model.  

Message 11 of 13
MINTXIL78
Tutor

Finally got it refunded. Had to so eloquently and firmly plead my case with screenshots and they could not refute. 

Message 12 of 13
Gantala
Aspirant

I had the exact same problem because my app was set to automaticaly update firmware and it had updated to V1.0.6.110, it was resolved following the intructions of MINTXIL78 and the rollback to V1.06.102. Thank you so much MINTXIL78!

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7