× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Made a mistake changing my email to a dud one out from distraction, now I can't retrieve my account

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Made a mistake changing my email to a dud one out from distraction, now I can't retrieve my account

Hello,

I tried to change my email account registered to my RAX45, but I was distracted and made a domain error or a typo on the new email and now I can't access my account and my router Anywhere feature because of that mistake.  I try to contact Support, but they seems to ignore my requests or they simply point me to the community discussion.

I can't do anything to recover my account if some support is able to revert my email change.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Made a mistake changing my email to a dud one out from distraction, now I can't retrieve my acco

Just an idle thought.....  (It has been YEARS since my Netgear account was created and I honestly have no memory of the process.)

On many sites, creating an account based on an email address requires confirmation.  They send an email to that account and do not proceed unless someone clicks a link in the message.  If a typo caused an incorrect email to be entered, perhaps the process did not complete.  Have you tried using the previous email credentials?

p.s. If you remember the typo, it there an actual email account spelled that way?

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies

Re: Made a mistake changing my email to a dud one out from distraction, now I can't retrieve my acco

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Already tried to email support about this, I tried to email multiple times ( I just did again right now with more details)  but I feel my emails go ignored. 

Crossing fingers that this time I will get an answer and a positive one.

Cheers

Message 3 of 9

@Retired_Member wrote:

Already tried to email support about this, I tried to email multiple times ( I just did again right now with more details)  but I feel my emails go ignored. 

Crossing fingers that this time I will get an answer and a positive one.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that anyone here can do. We are mostly fellow users with time on our hands.

The only alternative is to send a direct message to one of the Netgear administrators. The challenge is to track down their contact details.

@Blanca_O,  or @KevinLiT  may be able to help.

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That's unfortunate.  It's been 2 days since my last attempt to email support and still no answers from them.  Kinda disappointed to witness weak support like this with no direct hotline.  I feel that the my RAX is now bricked because I can't use the remote service on it as it is tied to my original account.  

I can't use another account to register the router or it will pop an error saying that my router is used by another account.

I can't think of another solution except to have my router being unregistered somehow.

Message 5 of 9

@Retired_Member wrote:

That's unfortunate.  It's been 2 days since my last attempt to email support and still no answers from them.  Kinda disappointed to witness weak support like this with no direct hotline. 

This happened at the weekend. Netgear's community support team doesn't work 24/7.

I can't think of another solution except to have my router being unregistered somehow.

I don't rely in my typing to enter my email addresses. I use a "password manager" and "clipboard memory" to avoid problems with my useless typing.

Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It been 2 weeks I have been writing to them and last one prior to this email, I don't think it a weekend issue but more like we got your money and goodbye issue.

As for a password manager, this is not relevant to this issue. Since it was a new email address that I typed in, it was not registered and never used so it wouldn't be of any help.

Cheers

Message 7 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Just an idle thought.....  (It has been YEARS since my Netgear account was created and I honestly have no memory of the process.)

On many sites, creating an account based on an email address requires confirmation.  They send an email to that account and do not proceed unless someone clicks a link in the message.  If a typo caused an incorrect email to be entered, perhaps the process did not complete.  Have you tried using the previous email credentials?

p.s. If you remember the typo, it there an actual email account spelled that way?

Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok, there  has been a miracle. I tried to type in what could have been the wrong emails with the few breadcrumbs I left in the browser histories. Few attempts later my last entered email didn't returned an Invalid Address error message.  So on this I tried to type in what could have been the password, and after few tries it let me in, finally.

Changed the email to the right one.  The verified button didn't work for 5 minutes that I kept pushing until I received in my new email.  So it is working now, account is now recovered.

Thanks everyone. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7