× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mesh network choice

Teddy123
Tutor

Mesh network choice

I have 500meg (Virgin) coming into a four bedroom house, but hardly any internet in bedrooms and other parts of the ground floor. Virgin power adapters don't work and I'm considering a mesh system. I have (gaming) teenagers in separate rooms, so I need to pacify their current lack of service and 'dead zones' in other parts of the house. 

So, can you please give me any advice on what I should purchase OR should I invest in an orbi wifi 6 Tri-band AC6000

There are probably 30 different devices (Including fourTVs needing 4K, eight mobiles, five laptops, printers and laptops).

My service provider is Virgin. I have a V6 box in the lounge and a second Tivo box in one of the bedrooms.

Sorry for the 'Noddy' questions, but:

- are there ethernet ports on the satellites

- would I need

a) a separate router (if so any sugestions)

b) need to switch off the wifi on the Virgin 6 box

c) just plug the Netgear cable to the V6 box.

Many thanks

Teddy 123

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Teddy,

An Orbi WiFi 6 system would work great for you! The satellites and router do have ethernet ports. If you need any assistance setting up your newly purchased NETGEAR devices, you can always contact our support team using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Teddy,

An Orbi WiFi 6 system would work great for you! The satellites and router do have ethernet ports. If you need any assistance setting up your newly purchased NETGEAR devices, you can always contact our support team using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Teddy123
Tutor

Christian, Many thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos