× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Missing Questions

taiparker
Aspirant

Missing Questions

I am unable to reset security questions and the WiFi will not factory reset. When trying to reset the admin password, the 2 question boxes show but there are NO questions. But you do get the spaces to put the answers. I don't want to have to buy a new router

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Missing Questions

If you didn't setup password recovery, it'll still ask the questions but there's no answer to them and it circles. 

If you did set them up, try using a different browser or pc. 

If you didn't, then you'll need to factory reset to get back to the defaults to get in

push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. the lights will flash when held long enough

defaults:

login: admin

password: password

Message 2 of 6
taiparker
Aspirant

I've never not been able to reset a router. Maybe I'm not holding long enough. I'll try again. 

Message 3 of 6
taiparker
Aspirant

I did set up recovery questions and have used them many times. For whatever reason, the actual questions are not there. Looks like I need to go buy an Orbi!

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

or try a different browser and/or pc. 

Message 5 of 6
taiparker
Aspirant

Thanks for trying to help. Different laptop, didn't work. On my way to pick up an Orbi. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7