× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mk63

Chard0415
Follower

Mk63

I bought the mk63 with the 2 sats. I have century modem router combined now, 3 years old name on back is technocolor. The instrictions to hook up mk63 router is to use the exit internet port of my current century unit into the input mk63 router? So it uses the modem of my current set up and the router of mk63. Does this not cause issues if both routers are on? Does the new router transmit new name? I really thought this system would replace my current set up not enhance it. I guess it's cost is low because it has no modem. 

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Mk63

Hello Chard0415,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

You may need to set your century modem into modem mode only. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Mk63

What centurylink modem is it? 

Some do have passthrough/modem only mode. 

Or you can try the MK63 system in access point mode. that disables some features of the MK63 system and leaves the centurylink device controlling it. 

If you use access point mode, either disable the wireless on the centurylink device or make sure the wireless channels that its broadcasting on are on different between the mk63 and the centurylink device. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7