× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: More issues with RAX200 support

worksopian
Star

More issues with RAX200 support

After more than 6 months of back and forth with Netgear support, they finally gave in and said they were going to give me a refund!!

Sounds great right???.....Wrong!!!

"

NETGEAR Support

2020-10-01 19:19:39

Hi Steven, Good day. I apologize for the delay. We don't really provide refund however you've been very helpful and patient. I was securing a recommendation to process a refund request. I just got it and I'd be endorsing your case now to our customer service team. They'd be the one to process the refund. I would like to thank you for helping us in debugging this problem and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. "

Since that message on the support page dated 10/1/2020 I have heard zero from Netgear. I have used Netgear products for more than 15 years and currently own 2 of their routers, a range extender and several switches. This is how they treat loyal customers....an absolute disgrace!!!!

"“There is only one boss; the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.”

Sam Walton.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 7
worksopian
Star

So the saga continues, I was contacted by customer support (sic) for my receipt info late in the evening of 10-16-20.

"

Dear Mr. Dwyer, My name is             . I am a Customer Care Advocate of NETGEAR, Inc. I am contacting you in regard to your email request for product refund. I will need the following information below in order for me to complete the process. **Copy of your Proof of Purchase/Receipt A valid proof of purchase should contain the price of the device, store where you purchase the device and the date of purchase. You can send it again to customer.service@netgear.com with the subject line of your case:               or attach is on your next reply. To attach screen shots and logs: a) Log into the my.netgear.com Portal. b) Click the "Attach Files to Support Case" option located in left side Menu. c) Select from the drop down menu "My Open Cases" the Case# to which you would like to attach the file. d) Click "Select" button and select the file and it will be uploaded. Files accepted are PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, DOC. Maximum Size allowed is 30MB. Thank you for your cooperation. Sincerely,                       Customer Care Advocate NETGEAR Support"

On 10-17-20 I sent the requested scanned image of my store receipt.

A week went by.....crickets.....I looked at the support ticket and it had been closed!! (10-22-20)

I sent the info again......crickets.....

Sent again today???????

I cannot believe how they treat their customers!!! 

Message 2 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello worksopian,

May you send me a private message with your email and case number(s). I'd like to look into this further for you. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 7
worksopian
Star

Hi Christian,

Thanks for getting with customer support and opening a new case. Case #43666249

I just wanted to let you know that since you set up the case I have not heard anything from customer service. 2 weeks have passed since you opened this case  and more than 7 months have passed since this whole mess started.

Is there anything you can do to push them along? It would be nice to have this wrapped up by the end of the month!!

Sincerely,

Steve Dwyer

Message 4 of 7
br116
Initiate

Yeap. They also only give discounts and announcements of new products to new customers.
Message 5 of 7
worksopian
Star

So we are now into December and in spite of some intervention from one of the community moderators, there has still been no response from 'customer service'!!

A $600 product that Netgear refuses to stand behind!! They don't even have the common decency to respond.......pathetic!

Message 6 of 7
br116
Initiate

I'm sorry for you. But thanks to these comments I was able to avoid a costly mistake and now understand why so many "used" one for sale on Ebay.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7